Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Remember.

On Monday I stopped being a child and became an adult, legally. The celebrations started on Saturday when my precious sisters, brother-in-law and nephew came. Zee had organised a "wig" party, meaning that everyone was required to wear a wig. It was brilliant, with the eventual trading of each-others wigs. One of the best parts was the cake. Mammy and Zee made a masterpiece consisting of profiteroles on top of a mud cake. Be provided the sweets, Lella provided her pretty face, Father provided the tunes and my nephew Hamish provided his amazing self.
The celebrations rolled on to Sunday when I received my first piece of real jewellery. An antique men's signet ring. It makes me feel like a real adult. Now when I drink tea my finger chimes on the china cups and it shines in the sunlight. Hamish kissed me, he is the coolest, I can't believe I share similar genes with one of the most beautiful boys in the world.
I serenaded my mother in the kitchen and made her slow dance with me on Monday.
Overall I had one of the best birthdays I have ever experienced. And in the wise words of Douglas, I can now experience all the immoral things that the world offers.
Image via Weheartit.

No comments:

Post a Comment